Idioms Starting with the Letter I
- IN A BIND
- To be in a difficult situation; to be in trouble.
I'm in a bind. Could you help me out?
- IN CHARGE
- In the position of responsibility of leading or overseeing.
Max was in charge of the store when the fire broke out.
- IN COLD BLOOD
- In a ruthless and unfeeling manner.
Max was murdered in cold blood.
- IN HOT WATER
- In trouble with someone.
Max is in hot water with his wife for staying out so late.
- IN THE DOGHOUSE
- In trouble; in disfavor (usually a man in trouble with his wife).
Max is in the doghouse with his wife for forgetting her birthday.
- IN THE NICK OF TIME
- At the last possible moment.
Max turned in his application for the job just in the nick of time
- IN THE SAME BOAT
- In a similar situation or predicament.
I'd like to help you with money, but I'm in the same boat. I don't have any money either.