- (verb) to make something happen sooner (usually an action or process)
Max called the cable company to see if they could expedite the installation process.
- (adjective) outrageous or conspicuously offensive
Many politicians are in flagrant violation of the law. The basketball player committed a flagrant foul.
- (adjective) thrifty, economical
If I had been more frugal, I could have saved enough money to buy a new car.
- (adjective) sociable, outgoing
Max is a very gregarious person. He likes to be around people.
- (noun) a person who dislikes people and avoids people
Mary is a misanthrope. She hates being around people.
- (noun) a person who does not believe in war or violence.
Max got out of serving in the military by claiming that he was a pacifist.
- (verb) to reject as false
Many of the staunchest supporters of neoconservatism have now repudiated neoconservatism as a complete failure. They claim that neoconservatism is dead.