- Lack of interest or concern.
There is widespread apathy among the school staff.
- Gloomy; drepressing; dreary.
When the weather is gloomy, I have a hard time getting motivated to do anything.
- To cause the sudden loss of courage; to cause the feeling of consternation and distress.
We were dismayed by the president's policy reversal.
- The imitation or copying of someone.
Fully classical kits, in emulation of German past glories, so "Chewbacca" basicly dedicated more time on the "Third Kit", cuz he wanted to return the Classic Green away shirt of Germany (last years red, black, gray), and the classic home kit all in white (without lines or motiffs) and trim and collar black. - Week 2 Puma kit templates vote
- To try very hard to achieve something.
We hoped that the president would endeavor to help the people.
- Thrifty; economical
Pent-up demand, as well as what I call frugal fatigue are starting to kick in. - CNN Transcript Nov 27, 2009
- To cause to diminish, as in strength, value, or quality: an injury that impaired my hearing; a severe storm impairing communications.
Without the bankruptcy financing, the remaining critical employees will likely depart, which would "impair" WorldSpace's ability to operate the satellites and continue as a going concern, Samara said. - WorldSpace Files for Bankruptcy, Listing $2.12 Billion in Debt
- A professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
The war was fought mostly by mercenaries.
- Lacking experience.
It was naive of me to think that the governor actually cared about the people living in his state.
- Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe: stringent safety measures.
Mary has been on a stringent diet for months.