Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) a condition of loose eyelids, characterized by the turning outward of the lower eyelid.
Example by Wordnik
- Cervical eversion also called ectropion means that the kind of tissue lining the cervical canal also grows on the outer vaginal part of the cervix, making it red, with a bumpy-looking texture that is smooth to the touch. - OUR BODIES, OURSELVES
- If you have dry eyes or very loose lower lids, you’re at high risk for the complication called an ectropion if you have your lids lifted, leaving you resembling a basset hound. - You Being Beautiful
- With a condition such as ectropion, the lower lid is pulling away from the eye; the tears do not drain properly, causing a number of signs and symptoms: - Health News from Medical News Today
- Consequent upon this, the muscles of the face become contracted and distorted by atrophy; ectropion of the lower lids prevents the patient from shutting his eyes; the lips become flabby, and the lower one drops. - The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 9: Laprade-Mass Liturgy
- Cicatricial contraction after severe burns may lead to marked deformities of the eyelids (ectropion), mouth, and nose. - Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities—Head—Neck. Sixth Edition.