Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) The act or an instance of exhausting.
- (noun) The state of being exhausted; extreme fatigue: The runner collapsed from exhaustion.
Example by Wordnik
- It is not only in general nervous exhaustion, however, that electric baths exercise this salutary influence, but in the condition known as cerebral exhaustion likewise. - The Electric Bath
- I now must collapse in exhaustion from a very painful and quick labor once the epidural wore off (I let it go off after she successfully flipped). - A Good Birth | Her Bad Mother
- - Joanne is doing a bloody brilliant job, in fact but there's going to come a point when even a publicist like Joanne, loyal as she is, is going to start asking exactly what the term exhaustion means. - A Traitor to Memory
- Without going at length into so wide a topic as the exercise of faculties and its reactive effects, it will be sufficient here to call to mind that every faculty (when in a state of normal activity) is most capable at the outset; and that the change in its condition, which ends in what we term exhaustion, begins simultaneously with its exercise. - The Philosophy of Style
- This defense is known as "exhaustion"-the third parties in question should be covered by the original license, so patent owners can't claim infringement by those third parties. filed suit against seven small independent developers. - Ars Technica