Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) A burning sensation, usually centered in the middle of the chest near the sternum, caused by the reflux of acidic stomach fluids that enter the lower end of the esophagus. Also called acid reflux, cardialgia, pyrosis.
Example by Wordnik
- Or in Tabitha’s case, maybe the term heartburn was more appropriate. - Crossed
- I love to hear and see about street food from all over the world. heartburn is ok. lol - Bites of Seoul street food: Sweet and Savory | Baking Bites
- Worries over the risk of combining the blockbuster blood thinner Plavix with certain heartburn pills may be overblown, a new study suggests. - Worries About Using Plavix With Heartburn Pills May Be Overblown
- I ate tums like candy from my second trimester onward - pregnancy heartburn is like no other. - It's In the Bag
- Another cause of nighttime pain is gastroesophageal reflux, what we commonly call heartburn. - Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems