Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) Inflammation of the sinuses or a sinus, especially in the nasal region.
Example by Wordnik
- Short-term sinusitis can be caused by either a bacterial infection, which may respond to treatment with antibiotics, or a viral infection, which doesn't. - Waiting It Out: Antibiotics
- What typically happens is the chicken may develop sinusitis, which is just inflammation of the sinuses. - CNN Transcript May 23, 2006
- Rhinosinusitis, also called sinusitis, is an inflammation or swelling of the lining in the sinus cavities. - innovations-report
- People with allergies are more likely to develop sinusitis, which is most common in the winter months. - Medlogs - Recent stories
- Untreated, allergies can also lead to infection of the sinuses (called sinusitis) and nasal polyps. -