Definition by Wordnik
- (adjective) Ready for or needing sleep.
- (adjective) Sluggish from sleep.
- (adjective) Inducing sleep.
- (adjective) Inactive; quiet: a sleepy rural town.
Example by Wordnik
- This has been an eventful week in sleepy little Lerdo. - The drug gangs strike again in sleepy old Lerdo
- I'm so sleepy, is this contest still going on, has billary claimed to be the president yet by default? - Obama adds two superdelegates, one's a former Clinton backer
- Remember, The generally accepted thing about the tryptophan in turkey making you sleepy is a myth. - My Kinda T'giving
- As a resident of B-o-S, I think you have captured an accurate tale of life in sleepy Burnham. - Burnham-on-sea « Sven’s guide to…
- I would be more concerned about her ripping it out all makeshift Tracheotomy-style in sleepy grumpy rage. - Waldo Jaquith - Me and my flu at 4:30 AM.