Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) The act of prosecuting.
- (noun) The institution and conduct of a legal proceeding.
- (noun) See prosecuting attorney.
Example by Wordnik
- The controversy over the policing and prosecution of assisted dying intensified tonight when another septuagenarian invited arrest and criminal prosecution by admitting that he helped his wife kill herself with an overdose of antidepressants. - The Guardian World News
- Bailey, a member of the ad hoc "PhonyBusters" team, said one of the problems in prosecution is that there are so many swindles. - Tim Webster
- The defendant has quite a lot to lose in the case while the only thing at stake for the prosecution is the reputation of the prosecutor. - The Volokh Conspiracy » At Least a Dozen Flag Desecration Prosecutions in the U.S. Since 1992
- Termination of the prosecution is a welcome development. - The Volokh Conspiracy » Criminal Charges Against Anti-Homosexuality Street Preacher Dropped in England
- You just wrote that you can tell a prosecution is a partisan witch hunt by the political party of the people who pursue it. - Matthew Yglesias » Faithfully Executing the Laws