Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) A quality that can be perceived by the olfactory sense: the aroma of garlic and onions. See Synonyms at smell.
- (noun) A pleasant characteristic odor, as of a plant, spice, or food: the aroma of roses. See Synonyms at fragrance.
- (noun) A distinctive, intangible quality; an aura: the aroma of success.
Example by Wordnik
- (he keeps going on about apples, but the aroma is all sour grape – weird) - Think Progress » GOP congressman: Palin’s ‘reload’ map with crosshairs targeted at House Democrats is ‘inappropriate.’
- The bad news is that all decaffeination methods remove considerable flavor and aroma from the coffee, which means that in order for the decaf to taste great, the beans chosen for decaffeination need to be stellar. - Buying and brewing good coffee in Mexico
- The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest. - Amateur Hour
- The aroma is sort of cloudy, with nothing more than muddled hops and malt showing through. - New York Beer
- The aroma is distinctive, but in the end, it's a lemon. - lemon Tree