Definition by Wordnik
- (noun) The property or quality of a thing that affects, stimulates, or is perceived by the sense of smell. See Synonyms at smell.
- (noun) A sensation, stimulation, or perception of the sense of smell.
- (noun) A strong, pervasive quality: An odor of sadness permeated the gathering.
- (noun) Esteem; repute: a doctrine that is not currently in good odor.
Example by Wordnik
- The natural feminine odor -- odor feminae -- is pleasant, attractive and needs no disguise. - Woman Her Sex and Love Life
- The odor of sanctity was specially noted at death, and was doubtless confused with the odor mortis, which frequently precedes death and by some is regarded as an almost certain indication of its approach. - Studies in the Psychology of Sex, Volume 4 Sexual Selection In Man
- Consider This: Playground teasing alert—think twice about naming your daughter something that sounds so similar to the word odor. - 5-Star Baby Name Advisor
- The odor is thought to be caused by trace amounts of a chemical called 2,4,6-tribromoanisole. - Tylenol 8-Hour Caplets Recalled on Musty Odor
- Obviously, preventing deer from detecting human odor is a building block of deer hunting. - To Pee or Not To Pee Off Your Treestand?