You are here
Definitions by Wordnik
- (noun) A woman who owns and rents land, buildings, or dwelling units.
- (noun) A woman who runs a rooming house or an inn; an innkeeper.
Examples by Wordnik
- The other main character in the book apart from the murderer and his landlady is the city of London in the Noughties; socially and ethnically mixed, but on edge and easily fractured. - Cambridge Lib Dems...
- On Thursday night she complained of shortness of breath, and finding she did not get better she called her landlady. - British Library creates a "national memory' with digital newspaper archive
- Keep your head down, the landlady is looking at us. - House Points: Saving the pub
- We know our landlady is making a calculated gamble that she'll make more on our "affordable" but sure income for sev months each winter, rather than hoping that she'll be able to make a little more by renting it out to one of the many Mexican families who regularly flock to the coast every weekend. - Guad at Semana Santa time
- Our landlady is just happy with anything we do because we have spent a lot of money to make improvements and we always pay our rent on time. - The "cheap" life in Mexico